Explore with us the beautiful city of Kosice with direct flights from Larnaca! Try something new and undiscovered. A place where east and west meet, where history and human destiny mix with the present. Join us to discover the City of Košice – a unique Central European metropolis and European Capital of Culture 2013!
Reasons to Visit Kosice
Looking for reasons to visit Kosice? Explore them below!
Kosice is an important trading and industrial centre of Slovakia. Here you can find numerous sights with various Gothic buildings being the most famous ones. Here are the 10 must visit in Kosice.
1) St. Elizabeth Cathedral 2) St. Michael's and Urban Tower 3) StateTheatre 4) Calvinist Church 5) Dominican and Franciscan Monastery 6) The Ursulines and Jesuit Kostel 7) Singing fountain 8) Luteran Kirche 9) Jakabov Palace 10) Historical town hall
* Tatra mountains - 1 h and 40 min from Kosice* *Source:orangesmile.com
Shopping in Kosice
You won't need to walk or travel long distances anywhere when going for shopping in Košice while you stay in the center or most inner city areas. There are quite a few shopping malls in Košice, you may also find many historical center buildings hide interesting and chick boutiques while roaming around.
Optima Shopping Center is the biggest shopping center in Košice. It is 52 300 m2 and contains more than 100 boutiques and a multi-cinema Cinemax with 7 stages. Opening hours are: 10AM-9PM. Address: Moldavská cesta 32. You can get there easily by public transport - tram no.5 or bus no.10
Oc Galeria Kosice is the newest and the second biggest shopping center in Košice. It is located nearer to the city center than Optima. You may find it 10 minutes walk west (up the steeper hill) of Steel Arena ice hockey stadium, Toryska street.
Aupark. Located in city center.
Food,Drink & Nightlife
There are fashionable restaurants, pizzerias as well as modest and cozy pubs in Kosice; any gourmet would be able to find a place to have dinner.
1) One of the most prestigious places of the city is the 12 Apostles restaurant serving Slovak cuisine. It will appeal to those who are used to relax in luxurious atmosphere and can't imagine a meal without exotic dishes.
2) The Venice restaurant is popular among thrifty travelers. In addition to the delicious pizza, they serve lots of popular Italian dishes.
3) Irish Pub - The Diesel pub. Fans of beer prefer to relax here, as the pub offers more than twenty popular sorts of this drink. In addition to the favorite beer, guests are offered a great variety of snacks and branded treats. In Kosice all kinds of confectionery, cooking and cafes are found everywhere!
4) An interesting place is Golem restaurant that resembles a classic pub with its design. However, in addition to a large selection of drinks and snacks, you can make a decent selection of international dishes there.
5) The Camelot restaurant is noteworthy, which in addition to national dishes, serves popular dishes of the Hungarian and Czech cuisine.
6) Downtown there is the Bamboo Sushi and Grill Bar, which shouldn't be ignored by fans of sushi and rolls. The original design of the hall, a huge selection of Japanese dishes and friendly attitude of the staff are things that made this beautiful stylish restaurant gaining an immense popularity.
7) You can taste excellent home-cooked meals cooked following old recipes in the Keltske Krcma restaurant.
In Kosice, a wide range of entertainment for every taste is available for vacationers with children. The city has many unusual entertainment centres and parks to make your stay with children more fun and enthusiastic!
1)Theme park Children's railway. Bright children's train runs through this park and it will be exceptional for everyone to ride on it. In addition, the park is equipped with excellent play areas with slides, swings and gymnastic attractions for children. There is also a special picnic area, as well as a cozy cafe with a large selection of signature dishes and sweets.
2) Dino Park Kosice is also an attractive and interesting place to relax with children. You can excitingly spend an entire day in this original dinopark. For children, there are many remarkable playgrounds, and fascinating games and recreational activities conducted every day for the little ones.
3) KVL Trixen is considered to be one of the most picturesque parks in Kosice. It will be liked by those who enjoy relaxing in picturesque natural places.
4) Zoo Kosice: This zoo is quite large; animals in it freely walk through spacious enclosures, and conditions in it are as close as possible to their natural habitat. On the territory of the zoo, there is a café and beautiful recreation areas.
5) Tarzania Alpinka: It is located on the territory of a beautiful forest park area. In this amusement park, a lot of extreme rides are prepared for visitors.
6) The Botanical Garden: It is ideal for walking with children. There is a pleasant surprise for the kids here; in the garden, there is a small farm where chickens, rabbits and other domestic animals live. All guests of the farm can learn how to take care of animals and feed them.
There are a lot of events throughout the year in Kosice!If you are planning your trip to Kosice you are more than welcome to take part in any of these events! There are events for many interests like marathon events,wine and beer events, music events and many more!
The annual opening of the train depot - April
Košice City Days - May
Košice Music Spring - April/ May
VSE City Run - May
Iron Curtain Run - May
Long Night of Museums - 18 May
2019 IIHF World Championship 10 - 26 May
Use the City event - May/June
The Run Slovakia
Baloon Fiesta - 5-9 June
Kosice Gourmet Festival - 7-9 June
Cassovia Folkfest - June
Hevhetia - June
Authors reading Month - July
Summer in the Park - July/August
Kosice Night Run - September
Kosice Wine Festival - 12-14 September
Kosice Kite Parade - September
Central European Theatre Festival - September
Kosice Beer Festival
49th International Organ Festival of Ivan Sokol - September
International Jazz Festival - October
White night - October
Kosice Peace Marathon - 6 October
For more events and more information about these events press here